Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
(Updates from 10:45 a.m. ET with closing information and corrects the ticker symbol for Avon Products.)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Here's what Jim Cramer had to say on CNBC's "Squawk on the Street" Friday.
Bernstein downgraded Vertex Pharmaceuticals (VRTX) to hold from buy. "Be careful with all the big biotech," Cramer advised, and suggested taking some profits in Gilead Sciences (GILD). VRTX fell 5.6% to $67.36.
Piper Jaffray downgraded Chart Industries (GTLS) to hold from buy. Cramer said that although he likes CEO Sam Thomas, the "shortfall is meaningful," especially after the company missed on top- and bottom-line earnings estimates. GTLS dropped 6.3% to $100.73.Yelp (YELP) is trading well despite pricing its secondary at $67. Cramer said the "quarter was good" and investors should not "believe the critics." YELP fell 1% to $67.15. BMO downgraded Avon Products (AVD) to hold from buy. "Avon is a disaster," Cramer stated, and CEO Sheri McCoy "has to pull it out of a tailspin and quickly." AVP rose 4.4% to $18.27. Quintiles (Q) announced the departure of a major executive and now "people suddenly hate it," Cramer said. He agreed with the upgrade to buy from hold at Robert Baird. Q was 3.4% higher to $43.43. Groupon (GRPN) is "making a major comeback," according to Cramer, who would bet with management rather than against them. GRPN jumped 8.7% to $9.93. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV