MCLEAN, Va., Oct. 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE: NOC) will feature innovative technologies and solutions that improve local, national and global health outcomes at the 141st American Public Health Association (APHA) Annual Meeting and Exposition Nov. 2-6, at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center and the Westin Boston Waterfront hotel.
Representatives from Northrop Grumman's health information technology (IT) leadership team will deliver eight health care panel presentations focusing on innovative solutions in public health and health care informatics. Six of the presentations will be featured in back-to-back sessions Monday, Nov. 4, and will be moderated by Sam Shekar, chief medical officer, and Alexis Sulyma, public health director for health IT programs at Northrop Grumman.
"Northrop Grumman leverages its vast expertise and capabilities in data collection and management, analytics and decision support to develop solutions that improve health outcomes at all levels," said Shekar, speaking about the company's decades-long experience in the health IT arena.Presentation topics at the first session will include leveraging nontraditional community information for food safety; integrating social media into public health practices; and creating sustainable IT integration for public health. The second session will feature the application of the Integrated Health Analytics Platform (iHAP), an analytical decision support tool to monitor and evaluate accountable care organizations; the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Physician Feedback Program and value-based payment modifier; and the role of the Medical Dictionary for Regulatory Activities, a global clinical coding system, in health care. Northrop Grumman will also provide presentations in the exhibitor theater about the role of informatics in personalized health care and the use of synergized data and strategies for Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Disorders prevention and treatment Monday, Nov. 4, and Tuesday, Nov. 5, respectively. Each of these presentations will also be available in Northrop Grumman's APHA exhibit booth #423, which will showcase additional health IT systems, capabilities and concepts that advance public health:
- The Tuberculosis Epidemiologic Studies Consortium II Data Management System, a comprehensive platform that enables the TB Epidemiologic Studies Consortium to host and conduct studies relevant to TB epidemiology, control, diagnosis and prevention;
- The President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief Records and Organization Management Information System, a cloud-based data management application for public health indicators and expenditure performance data for HIV/AIDS prevention, care, treatment and health system strengthening services;
- The Data for Partner Monitoring System, which retrieves data from dozens of countries conducting HIV/AIDS programs, and, through integration, analysis and visualization of disparate data, creates readily usable information for more effective management and evaluation of the programs;
- Mobile technology that helps improve public health event reporting, communications, and management of response operations based on real-time locations of responders, medical assets and affected individuals.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV