CHARLOTTE, N.C. (Stockpickr) -- In my trading, (short- to intermediate-term), I am guided almost wholly by technical analysis. I'm a charts man. And in my investing (longer-term), I pick my stocks using fundamental analysis, then rely on the charts to dictate my entry and exit points.
A couple of months ago, I became fundamentally very interested in the company Digital Ally (DGLY), which produces digital video imaging, audio recording and related storage products for use in law enforcement and security applications in the U.S. and internationally. Law enforcement agencies throughout the U.S. are beginning to adopt Digital Ally's products on an increasingly massive scale, and it is becoming ever more evident that these products will soon be considered basic equipment for all police departments.
Competitor Taser International (TASR) has a head start on Digital Ally and is already a big player in this field, due to the popularity of the usually non-lethal weapon from which the company derives its name. But just as nature abhors a vacuum, the market abhors a monopoly -- and this is where Digital Ally comes in. With municipal governments coming increasingly under the gun with respect to their budgets, they will be forced to seek the highest-quality products for the lowest possible prices. I believe Digital Ally is the hands-down winner in both categories and that its products will become the standard for use by police forces in the U.S. and throughout the world.>>5 Big Stocks to Trade for Big Gains As I said, I was highly interested in this company a couple of months ago and was considering making an investment when suddenly the DGLY stock price took off like a rocket. I certainly wasn't going to chase the stock to make an investment, but the price action provided some excellent opportunities for monstrously profitable trades. And I have been watching DGLY ever since, biding my time from an investor's standpoint.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV