BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- Trick or treat? Mr. Market has been dishing out the latter for any investors who come knocking this Halloween -- and that's not likely to change as we enter the final stretch of 2013.
Historically, the final months of the year come with the strongest gains for investors. That's quite a statement considering the fact that the S&P 500 is already up 23.6% since the calendar flipped over to January. But as I'll show you in a moment, stocks aren't showing any red flags right now; in fact, the macro view is about as bullish as it gets.
In spite of the S&P's ratchet moves higher this year, there are still some key buying opportunities in the big-name stocks. That why, today, we're taking a closer technical look at five of them.If you're new to technical analysis, here's the executive summary. >>Hack Earnings Season With These Serial Surprisers Technicals are a study of the market itself. Since the market is ultimately the only mechanism that determines a stock's price, technical analysis is a valuable tool even in the roughest of trading conditions. Technical charts are used every day by proprietary trading floors, Wall Street's biggest financial firms, and individual investors to get an edge on the market. And research shows that skilled technical traders can bank gains as much as 90% of the time. Every week, I take an in-depth look at big names that are telling important technical stories. Here's this week's look at five high-volume stocks to trade this week.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV