ATLANTA, Oct. 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Delta Air Lines (NYSE: DAL) is ready to allow its customers to be the first to use their portable electronic devices below 10,000 feet as early as Nov. 1, 2013 pending Federal Aviation Administration approval. All Delta aircraft have completed carrier-defined PED tolerance testing to ensure the safe operation of passenger portable electronic devices during all phases of flight and Delta's plan has been submitted to the FAA for approval.
In support of the FAA's call for expanded PED usage in flight, more than 570 mainline domestic aircraft stand ready to allow customer use of e-readers, tablets, and smartphones, all in airplane mode, during taxi, takeoff and landing on domestic flights. Delta Connection's more than 550 regional aircraft will be ready by the end of the year. In-flight Wi-Fi will continue to be available for customers above 10,000 feet.
Today's announcement continues Delta's efforts to lead the industry by offering customers:
- The largest Wi-Fi enabled fleet, including more than 800 aircraft
- The only U.S. domestic carrier with personal on-demand entertainment at every seat on all long-haul international flights by the end of 2013
- The first real-time baggage tracking on delta.com
- The first U.S. airline with real-time customer service through Twitter @DeltaAssist
- The Fly Delta app, including Glass Bottom Jet which gives customers the ability to sightsee from the sky using dynamic maps, social networks and more
- Full flat-bed seating with direct-aisle access on all international widebody aircraft by mid-2014
- Unprecedented runway views at the award-winning Sky Decks at Delta Sky Club in New York-JFK and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts