CINCINNATI, Oct. 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sunny Delight Beverages Co., SDBC, announced today that it is partnering with Dr Pepper Snapple Group (NYSE: DPS) on the national launch of SDBC's new Sparkling Fruit 2O fruit flavored water. Sparkling Fruit 2O offers taste in balance--subtle, simple fruit flavors consumers love, recognize and can pronounce balanced with sparkling, pure, refreshing water—no calories, sugar, carbohydrates, or caffeine.
Following a limited distribution in the northeast, Sparkling Fruit 2O has seen a positive response both from consumers and retailers. As a result of this initial success, as well as rapid growth within the sparkling water category (+37% vs. year ago), SDBC is taking the brand national with its direct store distribution partners. "DPS is an outstanding distribution partner. We are both proud and honored to be working with them, along with our other distribution partners, to roll out Sparkling Fruit 2O nationally," said Russ Mills, director of instant consumption sales at SDBC. "There is room for growth in the sparkling water category, both for new brands and new flavors, and SDBC intends to be part of that growth."
"Consumers want simplicity. They are seeking a trusted brand that can deliver the great tasting, zero-calorie flavors and bubbles they want without all the hype. By meeting this consumer need, we plan to help grow the entire flavored water segment," stated Ed Klene, associate marketing director, SDBC.Sparkling Fruit 2O is available in four flavors: Raspberry Lemon, Grape, Mixed Berry and Strawberry. The original, zero-calorie Fruit 2O pioneered the flavored water category in 1999 and it leads the non-carbonated, non-enhanced segment in past 52 week dollar sales, consumer awareness and consumer loyalty. About Sunny Delight Beverages Co.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV