Since Huy Fong is not looking for a buyer, and would never want to deal with the hassle of an IPO – it's unlikely the special sauce will be a publicly traded investing opportunity any time soon.
But it wasn't hard for us to develop a condiment index. We managed to find six truly hot stocks – companies that bring in a sizable portion of their revenue through sauces, dips, and spices. They trade on public exchanges, and all return a healthy dividend. Just in case you're hungry for some spicy shares.
Click on the interactive chart below to see analyst ratings over time.
Do you see investment opportunities in hot sauce? Use the 'condiment index' below as a starting point for your own analysis. 1. Kraft Foods Group, Inc. ( KRFT): Operates as a consumer packaged food and beverage company in North America. Market cap at $33.14B, most recent closing price at $55.79. Brands include: Bullseye BBQ Sauce, Velveeta
2. B&G Foods Inc. ( BGS): Engages in the manufacture, sale, and distribution of shelf-stable foods in the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico. Market cap at $1.78B, most recent closing price at $33.94. Brands Include: Red Devil Hot Sauce
3. Hormel Foods Corp. ( HRL): Produces and markets various meat and food products in the United States and Internationally. Market cap at $11.59B, most recent closing price at $44.11. Brands Include: Spam, Skippy Peanut Butter
4. Lancaster Colony Corporation ( LANC): Engages in the manufacture and marketing of consumer products focusing primarily on specialty foods for the retail and foodservice markets in the United States. Market cap at $2.34B, most recent closing price at $87.07. Brands Include: Marzetti Salad Dressings
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV