CAMP HILL, Pa., Oct. 31, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Diversified global industrial company Harsco Corporation (NYSE:HSC) announced today a major railway track and infrastructure maintenance equipment award from SBB, the federal railway system of Switzerland.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=21936
The contract comprises an initial order worth over $100 million through 2016, together with provisions for future options. Harsco Rail will supply SBB with a combination of specialty vehicles and Utility Track Vehicles (UTVs), a highly versatile rail-based maintenance configuration equipped with cranes, generators and/or work platforms that is widely used by railways throughout the world. Delivery of the first vehicle is scheduled for 2015.The units will be deployed on the Gotthard and Ceneri Base Tunnels. Both tunnels are integral parts of the Swiss AlpTransit project, a major undertaking to increase transport capacity across the Alps, while at the same time reducing the environmental damage associated with highway truck transport. The new technology Harsco Rail is developing for SBB will further support emissions reduction by utilizing an advanced, dual-mode traction system which, in turn, reduces diesel fuel consumption. "This contract is a major strategic win that goes beyond simply the dollar size of the order," said Harsco President and CEO Patrick Decker. "Not only does it energize the growth of our European Rail business model and support our future objectives, it speaks also to our capacity for technical innovation and responsiveness to stringent customer specifications."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV