FAIRFAX, Va., Oct. 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- General Dynamics Information Technology, a business unit of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), has been awarded a task order to provide information technology (IT) management services in Afghanistan to support U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) Middle East District reconstruction and infrastructure-development programs. The task order was awarded under the Information Technology Enterprise Solutions-2 Services (ITES-2S) contract and has a potential value of $16 million over eighteen months if all options are exercised.
Under this task order, General Dynamics will install, manage and upgrade a variety of IT infrastructures and systems in Afghanistan. Additionally, General Dynamics experts will train users of unclassified systems and provide help-desk support services.
"General Dynamics has been supporting the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers for more than five years," said Zannie Smith, senior vice president of General Dynamics Information Technology's National and Homeland Security division. "We are proud to provide the Corps with continuous information management and information technology support while they conduct critical drawdown operations in Afghanistan."
The USACE Middle East District provides quality, responsive engineering, construction and related services that support military operations, international objectives overseas and national emergencies. The Middle East District is a subordinate element of the Transatlantic Division, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.The ITES-2S contract is a multiple-award, indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity contract awarded to General Dynamics in April 2006. For more information about General Dynamics Information Technology, please visit www.gdit.com. For more information about General Dynamics, please visit www.gd.com. SOURCE General Dynamics Information Technology
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV