Cirrus Logic (CRUS) Showing Signs Of A Dead Cat Bounce Today
- CRUS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $89.1 million.
- CRUS has traded 1.8 million shares today.
- CRUS is up 3% today.
- CRUS was down 13.8% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CRUS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CRUS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CRUS: Cirrus Logic, Inc., a fabless semiconductor company, develops analog and mixed-signal integrated circuits (ICs) for a range of consumer and industrial markets. CRUS has a PE ratio of 10.7. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Cirrus Logic a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Cirrus Logic has been 2.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Cirrus Logic has a market cap of $1.5 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 0.40 and a short float of 19.2% with 2.96 days to cover. Shares are down 18.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Cirrus Logic as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, attractive valuation levels and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CRUS's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 9.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 56.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- CRUS has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.96, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, CIRRUS LOGIC INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- CIRRUS LOGIC INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, CIRRUS LOGIC INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.99 versus $1.30 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.37 versus $1.99).
- You can view the full Cirrus Logic Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.