West Pharmaceutical Services (WST) Hits New Lifetime High
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified West Pharmaceutical Services (WST) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified West Pharmaceutical Services as such a stock due to the following factors:
- WST has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $11.0 million.
- WST has traded 303,688 shares today.
- WST is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WST with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WST NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on WST: West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc. manufactures and sells components and systems for injectable drug delivery and plastic packaging, as well as delivery system components for the pharmaceutical, healthcare, and consumer products industries. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1%. WST has a PE ratio of 29.1. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates West Pharmaceutical Services a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.The average volume for West Pharmaceutical Services has been 124,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. West Pharmaceutical Services has a market cap of $2.8 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.73 and a short float of 2% with 5.82 days to cover. Shares are up 48.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates West Pharmaceutical Services as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 26.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- WEST PHARMACEUTICAL SVSC INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, WEST PHARMACEUTICAL SVSC INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.15 versus $1.08 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.61 versus $1.15).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry. The net income increased by 93.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $15.60 million to $30.20 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 52.29% to $79.50 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, WEST PHARMACEUTICAL SVSC INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -56.64%.
- 38.20% is the gross profit margin for WEST PHARMACEUTICAL SVSC INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 8.76% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full West Pharmaceutical Services Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV