TORRANCE, Calif., Oct. 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Top athletes tapped their imaginations. Custom build shops transformed those dreams into four different Toyota vehicles. Now fans can choose the winner of the 2013 Toyota Dream Build Challenge. Voting is now open at www.ToyotaDreamBuild.com for five days ahead of the SEMA Show reveal on Nov. 5 in Las Vegas.
Fans who vote have opportunities to win daily prizes from the build partners and athletes, including one grand prize trip to one of the Team Toyota athlete's events. The entries:
- BMX rider Drew Bezanson with partner Skullcandy created the "Crusher Corolla" inspired by music and BMX.
- Supercross stars Justin Brayton and Josh Grant with partner Joe Gibbs Racing Motocross, built "Let's Go Moto Tundra" for desert competitions and training.
- Freestyle skier Simon Dumont and partner Oakley will showcase the "Ultimate Dream Ski 4Runner" complete with customized ski racks and a grill.
- NASCAR driver Parker Kligerman and partner Kyle Busch Motorsports built the "CamRally" capable of handling rougher terrain.
Voting began at 12:01 a.m. today and will end at 11:59 p.m. Pacific time on November 4. Television racing commentator and Top Gear USA host Rutledge Wood will announce the winning design on Nov. 5 at 10 a.m. local time from the SEMA showroom floor. Fans can watch at www.livestream.com/Toyota.
About ToyotaToyota, the world's top automaker and creator of the Prius, is committed to building vehicles for the way people live through our Toyota, Lexus and Scion brands. Over the past 50 years, we've built more than 25 million cars and trucks in North America, where we operate 14 manufacturing plants (10 in the U.S.) and directly employ nearly 40,000 people (more than 37,000 in the U.S.). Our 1,800 North American dealerships sold more than 2.3 million cars and trucks in 2012 – and about 80 percent of all Toyota vehicles sold over the past 20 years are still on the road today. Toyota partners with philanthropic organizations across the country, with a focus on education, safety and the environment. As part of this commitment, we share the company's extensive know-how garnered from building great cars and trucks to help community organizations and other nonprofits expand their ability to do good. (NYSE:TM) For more information about Toyota, visit www.toyotanewsroom.com. Media Contacts: Sam ButtoToyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. 310-468-7728 email@example.com Jaymie Robinson Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. 310-468-1421 firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE Toyota
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV