Tiffany & Co. (NYSE: TIF) announced today that the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida has issued a final default judgment and permanent injunction in Tiffany’s favor, awarding Tiffany $2,176,000 in aggregate statutory damages against 78 defendants operating infringing websites selling counterfeit TIFFANY & CO. jewelry.
The 78 defendants were engaged in the sale of counterfeit TIFFANY & CO. goods via websites which also infringed Tiffany’s trademarks, such as salestiffany.net, shoptiffanyco.com, tiffanyandcomall.com, tiffanycooutlet.co.uk and other similar domains intended to confuse and deceive consumers. The judgment further requires that the website operators’ infringing domain names be transferred to Tiffany.
Michael Kowalski, chairman and chief executive officer of Tiffany, said, "We are pleased to announce this Judgment. Trademark counterfeiting severely damages brand owners and consumers alike. The way to stop it is to take aggressive action against the counterfeiters and make them pay, civilly. That's what happened in this case which should send a message to anyone trying to sell counterfeit Tiffany merchandise."
Tiffany & Co. operates jewelry stores and manufactures products through its subsidiary corporations. Its principal subsidiary is Tiffany and Company. The Company operates TIFFANY & CO. retail stores and boutiques in the Americas, Asia-Pacific, Japan, Europe and the United Arab Emirates and engages in direct selling through Internet, catalogue and business gift operations. Tiffany does not authorize the sale of its merchandise through any third-party websites. Authentic Tiffany merchandise can only be purchased online through www.tiffany.com. For additional information, please visit www.tiffany.com.TIFFANY & CO., T&CO., and TIFFANY are trademarks of Tiffany and Company.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV