SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the world's #1 CRM platform, today launched Salesforce Private AppExchange, enabling companies to deliver a one-stop shop for every app across their enterprise. For the first time ever, any company can build a trusted and customized corporate app store to manage and distribute all their custom, mobile, web and desktop apps. Built on the Salesforce Platform, Private AppExchange empowers CIOs to give every employee instant access to the apps they need, across any device, to supercharge productivity. Customer companies such as Brown-Forman, Glassdoor and Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group can now deliver a unified and personalized app experience for every employee.
- "Employees today have an expectation that they can deploy apps for work as easily as they do in their personal lives, yet CIOs must balance that expectation with business requirements around access and control," said Mike Rosenbaum, EVP of Salesforce Platform, salesforce.com. "With Salesforce Private AppExchange, now CIOs can quickly deliver a custom corporate app store —a one-stop shop for all of their enterprise apps."
- "The ability to distribute any type of app —mobile, cloud, custom, third party —across our company would greatly benefit all employees at Brown-Forman," said Jennifer McClinton, director, Technology Development, Brown-Forman. "Right now, we have various solutions for different app types, but we see huge potential in having a one-stop app experience, such as the one delivered with Private AppExchange, to boost employee productivity."
- "The explosive growth in demand for mobile applications is creating delivery and management challenges for all organizations and we are no different," said Ian Cohen, group CIO, Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group. "Salesforce Private AppExchange is an exciting development that has the potential to dramatically simplify the process of managing app distribution to employees. The ability to create a secure and private 'JLT space' where our employees could access the apps they need on any device would be a genuine business transformation."
- "Corporate app stores enable IT teams to change how they support and deliver apps. With app stores, Infrastructure and Operations (I&O) teams can give end users a self-service option and an intuitive interface to access corporate-approved mobile applications. Security and Risk (S&R) pros are happier because they're gaining some ability to control mobile apps and manage access policies. Employees can also use the app store as a portal for accessing all the tools that they need to do their jobs." (Sourced from Forrester analysts Christian Kane and Michele Pelino's report "Build A Corporate App Store into Your Corporate Mobility Strategy" January 16 t h, 2013, Forrester Research, Inc.)
Apps are critical to driving employee productivity, but CIOs are still faced with the challenge of getting the right apps into the hands of end users across the enterprise. In the consumer world, getting apps is a no-brainer: go to an app store from a phone or laptop, tap the "install" button and, in a matter of seconds, the app is on the device and available to use. In the enterprise world, before an employee can even install an app he must first check if the app is supported, then log a ticket with IT, wait for access and, on top of that, remember multiple passwords to access his apps. Today, companies recognize they need a single place to instantly distribute any app to employees, across any device, providing them with access to the apps needed to supercharge productivity.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV