By using up-to-date information and advanced predictive models, the Police Chief, command staff, and officers will be able to better understand the current situation and trends. They will obtain a deeper level of knowledge regarding possible contributing factors of crimes and foresee the demand for service at a more granular level of time and location. The project will allow police to be more effective and efficient with existing resources. In turn, this will enable the Fort Lauderdale Police Department to move operations from reactive to proactive, leading to a safer city.
"We're entering a new era of police work where advances in technology are providing us with an additional tool to use in our crime prevention efforts," said Fort Lauderdale Police Chief Frank Adderley. "Integrating advanced data analysis into our operational strategies will help us maximize resources and stay one step ahead of the criminals."
The solution will allow city officials to:
- More effectively and dynamically enable proactive patrol planning
- Provide access to the right information at the right time
- Help increase the understanding of key crime factors
- Assist in identifying gaps between resource and demand
"The challenge of ensuring the safety and protection of the community with a shrinking budget isn't unique to Fort Lauderdale," said James Lingerfelt, IBM public safety manager for Global Smarter Cities. "Through our collaboration with the City, we will be able to develop and fine tune advanced solutions to ensure the Police Department has the ability to utilize every asset at its disposal."For instance, a district commander could use the solution to better understand what has happened throughout the district over a specific period of time. In doing so, the commander may make the decision to redeploy officers based on recent activities. This will not only allow the district commander to more efficiently place officers in areas that require a larger police presence, but will also assess the effectiveness of the decisions being made.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV