FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla., Oct. 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) and the City of Fort Lauderdale, today announced a first-of-a-kind research and development relationship that will enable the City to be a leader in crime prevention and a national role model for other communities through the use of innovative police operations planning.
IBM researchers are collaborating with Fort Lauderdale to create a solution to take advantage of new and advanced data and analytics tools that will assist in optimizing resources. Initially, the project will focus on increasing the likelihood of deterring crime. Specifically, the Fort Lauderdale Police Department will utilize the new capabilities to better identify where to deploy its resources for maximum impact.
The project will analyze a variety of complex sources of Big Data including 911 call records, crime records, specials events information, public transportation routes, code enforcement and building permit activity. Data will be analyzed using a combination of advanced analytics technologies, including pattern recognition/discovery, factor/causality analysis and anomaly detection."Nine out of ten City residents feel safe in our neighborhoods and at our special events," said Fort Lauderdale Mayor John P. "Jack" Seiler, citing data from a recent Neighbor Survey. "While these are excellent results, our efforts to prevent crime remain a high priority, and our ability to continue to ensure the safety and welfare of our residents and visitors remains essential to preserving our outstanding quality of life. Our work with IBM will better position us to evolve from a City that responds to crime, to one that has the skills and operational resources to prevent crime before it happens." As city agencies are under increasing pressure to provide the same level of service with fewer resources, it has become vital that cities take full advantage of their existing assets.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV