DALLAS, Oct. 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced a Class-D stereo amplifier that produces size-defying sound for ultrabooks, Bluetooth ® speakers, and tablet and ultrabook docking stations. The TPA3131D2 is the industry's first Class-D amplifier to deliver 7 W from a miniature QFN package. It produces more than three times the power output compared to high definition audio (HDA) codecs, and it's half the package size of discrete amplifiers with comparable output, while delivering longer standby battery life. For more information and to order samples, visit www.ti.com/tpa3131d2-pr.
Key features and benefits of the TPA3131D2:
- Size-defying sound: 7-W stereo output provides more than three times the power output of 2-W HDA codecs, enabling louder, crisper sound from ultrabooks and Bluetooth speakers.
- Package fits ultrabooks: The 5-mm by 5-mm QFN package is nearly half the size of discrete amplifiers in TSSOP packages. It simplifies board layout for designers and delivers the highest power output per square millimeter of board space.
- Longer battery life: Up to 92-percent power-efficient Class-D operation, and less than 50-uA quiescent power consumption allows for longer standby battery life compared to discrete amplifiers in larger TSSOP packages.
- Wide supply range: Offers low power rail of 4.5 V, compared to 8 V for integrated amplifiers. Supply range extends to 26 V to support both AC-powered and 2S battery-configured systems.
- Complete audio solution: Combines with the TLV320AIC3254 stereo audio codec with miniDSP, and the TPA6132A2 stereo headphone amplifier to create a high-performance audio solution.
- Order samples of the TPA3131D2.
- Purchase the TPA3131D2EVM.
- Download the data sheet for the TPA3131D2.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV