Oct. 31, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced a Class-D stereo amplifier that produces size-defying sound for ultrabooks, Bluetooth
speakers, and tablet and ultrabook docking stations. The TPA3131D2 is the industry's first Class-D amplifier to deliver 7 W from a miniature QFN package. It produces more than three times the power output compared to high definition audio (HDA) codecs, and it's half the package size of discrete amplifiers with comparable output, while delivering longer standby battery life. For more information and to order samples, visit
Key features and benefits of the TPA3131D2:
Tools and support
- Size-defying sound: 7-W stereo output provides more than three times the power output of 2-W HDA codecs, enabling louder, crisper sound from ultrabooks and Bluetooth speakers.
- Package fits ultrabooks: The 5-mm by 5-mm QFN package is nearly half the size of discrete amplifiers in TSSOP packages. It simplifies board layout for designers and delivers the highest power output per square millimeter of board space.
- Longer battery life: Up to 92-percent power-efficient Class-D operation, and less than 50-uA quiescent power consumption allows for longer standby battery life compared to discrete amplifiers in larger TSSOP packages.
- Wide supply range: Offers low power rail of 4.5 V, compared to 8 V for integrated amplifiers. Supply range extends to 26 V to support both AC-powered and 2S battery-configured systems.
- Complete audio solution: Combines with the TLV320AIC3254 stereo audio codec with miniDSP, and the TPA6132A2 stereo headphone amplifier to create a high-performance audio solution.
can be purchased today for a suggested retail price of
are also available for verifying board signal integrity requirements.
Technical support is available on the
Forum in the TI E2E
Community, where engineers can search for solutions, get help, share knowledge and solve problems with fellow engineers and TI experts.
Availability and pricing
The TPA3131D2 is available today in a 32-pin QFN package for a suggested retail price of
in 1,000-unit quantities.
TI analog for consumer electronics
TI's broad range of power management and analog signal chain products offers design engineers the high performance, low power and integration they need to create innovative and differentiated consumer electronics. TI is engineering the future with gesture recognition, touch feedback, energy harvesting, wireless power, audio, health technology and more. Learn how TI analog products improve how we live, work and play at
Learn more about TI's
by visiting the links below:
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today. Learn more at
TI E2E is a trademark of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks and registered trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments