CHARLOTTE, N.C., Oct. 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- UTC Aerospace Systems has delivered its 5,000 th nacelle system for a V2500 engine manufactured by IAE International Aero Engines AG. The nacelle was delivered from Hamburg, Germany, one of more than a dozen global sites that make up UTC Aerospace Systems' Aerostructures business. The nacelle and engine will be installed on an Airbus A321. UTC Aerospace Systems is a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX).
The Aerostructures business has been the exclusive provider of nacelle systems for the V2500 since the nacelle program's inception. The initial IAE V2500 equipped with an Aerostructures' nacelle entered service aboard an Adria Airways Airbus A320 in May 1989. By 2004, the Aerostructures business headquartered in Chula Vista, Calif. had delivered 2,500 nacelle systems for the V2500 engine. Due to rate increases for the popular A320 family, it took only nine additional years for Aerostructures to mark the milestone 5,000 th delivery.
"It is fitting that the 5,000 th V2500 delivered from Hamburg, Germany, as our facilities there and in Toulouse, France are the co-located delivery centers for each V2500 propulsion system to the Airbus final aircraft assembly lines," said Aerostructures President Marc Duvall. "After the final painting, rigging, buildup of engine systems, inspections and quality checks are performed at our European facilities, the V2500 propulsion center is ready to be mounted on its pylon under wing."
About 45 percent of the fleet of Airbus A320 family aircraft currently in service is equipped with V2500 engines.UTC Aerospace Systems designs, manufactures and services integrated systems and components for the aerospace and defense industries. UTC Aerospace Systems supports a global customer base with significant worldwide manufacturing and customer service facilities.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV