FelCor Lodging Trust Incorporated (NYSE: FCH), today reported operating results for the quarter ended September 30, 2013.
- Adjusted FFO per share improved 75% to $0.14.
- Total hotel revenue for 52 comparable hotels (Same-store hotels excluding eight recently rebranded Wyndham hotels) increased 7.5% to $204.6 million.
- RevPAR for 52 comparable hotels increased 7.1%.
- Adjusted EBITDA increased by $1.6 million to $54.8 million, and Same-store Adjusted EBITDA increased by $4.4 million to $53.9 million.
- Net loss per share improved by $0.18 to $0.05.
- Sold five hotels in 2013, including three hotels since our second quarter earnings release, for a total of $102.7 million. Currently have executed contracts to sell three additional hotels this year.
- Reinstating quarterly common stock dividend; declares $0.02 per share fourth quarter dividend.
Commenting on operating results, Richard A. Smith, President and Chief Executive Officer of FelCor, said, “Our portfolio continues to produce solid results. Third quarter comparable Hotel EBITDA increased by almost 13%, led by a 53% increase for our newly acquired and recently redeveloped hotels. We are proud that RevPAR for our comparable portfolio once again outperformed the industry. Based on the outstanding condition of our portfolio and favorable industry fundamentals, our outlook for continued RevPAR growth remains optimistic.”
Mr. Smith added, “We continue to make substantial progress repositioning our portfolio. We have sold five hotels this year, for a total of 24 hotels since we began the current phase of dispositions, and have three hotels under contract. Through the combination of asset sales and EBITDA growth, we continue to strengthen our balance sheet, reduce leverage and grow stockholder value. As a result, we are pleased to announce that we have reinstated our common dividend.”Common Dividend: Our board has declared a $0.02 per share quarterly common stock dividend for the fourth quarter. The board has reinstated our common dividend recognizing the ongoing success of our portfolio repositioning and restructured balance sheet, as well as our positive funds available for distribution (“FAD”) this year. The dividend will be paid in January 2014. Future quarterly dividends will be based on estimates of FAD, reinvestment opportunities within our portfolio and taxable net income, among other things.
Summary of Third Quarter Hotel Results:
|Comparable hotels (52)|
|Total hotel revenue, in millions||$||204.6||$||190.3||7.5||%|
|Hotel EBITDA, in millions||$||52.0||$||46.2||12.7||%|
|Hotel EBITDA margin||25.4||%||24.3||%||119 bps|
|Wyndham Hotels (8)|
|Total hotel revenue, in millions||$||26.4||$||32.7||(19.1||)%|
|Hotel EBITDA, in millions||$||10.0||$||10.9||(8.4||)%|
|Hotel EBITDA margin||37.8||%||33.4||%||444 bps|
|Same-store hotels (60)|
|Total hotel revenue, in millions||$||231.0||$||223.0||3.6||%|
|Hotel EBITDA, in millions||$||62.0||$||57.1||8.7||%|
|Hotel EBITDA margin||26.9||%||25.6||%||126 bps|
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts