- Net sales were $303 million, a decrease of five percent, compared to $321 million in the third quarter of 2012.
- Net loss of $8 million or $(0.06) per diluted share versus net income of $30 million or $0.22 per diluted share in the same period of the prior year. Excluding the impact of $18 million of rationalization and related charges ($13 million, net of tax), adjusted net income * was $6 million or $0.04 per diluted share in the current quarter.
- EBITDA * was $35 million (excluding the impact of rationalization and related charges) as compared to $65 million in the third quarter of 2012. The decline was largely driven by lower realized pricing in our Industrial Materials segment.
- Net cash provided by operating activities was $54 million versus $45 million in the third quarter of 2012.
- Net debt * was reduced $27 million to $565 million as compared to $592 million at June 30, 2013.
GrafTech Reports Third Quarter 2013 Results, Announces Initiatives To Improve Operating Efficiencies And Global Competitiveness
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.