PulteGroup (PHM) ($18.00 vs. $17.18 on Sept. 25) is trading between its 50-day and 200-day SMAs at $16.49 and $18.96 with a weekly pivot at $18.09. Pulte reported quarterly results on Oct. 24 and beat EPS estimates by 11 cents earning 45 cents a share.
Ryland Group (RYL) ($42.49 vs. $41.87 on Sept. 25) is trading above its 200-day and 50-day SMAs at $40.32 and $39.08 with a monthly value level is $41.19 with a weekly risky level at $45.59. Ryland reported quarterly results on Tuesday and matched EPS estimates earning 96 cents a share.
Standard & Pacific (SPF) ($8.12 vs. $8.05 on Sept. 25) has been attempting to trend above its 200-day SMA at $8.29 since Oct. 24. My semiannual value level is $7.58 with a weekly risky level at $8.60. Standard & Pacific reports quarterly results in afterhours trading this afternoon and EPS is expected to be 12 cents a share.
Toll Brothers (TOL) ($33.56 vs. $33.14 on Sept. 25) has been upgraded to hold from sell and has been trading around its 200-day SMA at $33.60 since Oct. 23. My annual value level is $31.95 with a weekly pivot at $33.95 and quarterly risky level at $34.56. Toll Brothers' next earnings release is on Dec. 3 and EPS is expected to be 40 cents a share.At the time of publication the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @Suttmeier This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV