Lumos Networks Corp. (NASDAQ:LMOS), a leading provider of fiber-based bandwidth infrastructure & IP Services in key mid-Atlantic markets, announced that it has upgraded the capabilities of its existing fiber assets in Western Pennsylvania and has deployed new fiber in the region. Western Pennsylvania, including the metropolitan area of Pittsburgh, and Richmond, Virginia, represent the two key “edge-out” markets for Lumos in 2013-2014.
“We are excited to have made headway in upgrading our Western Pennsylvania fiber assets over the past few quarters,” noted Craig Drinkhall, Vice President of Product and Engineering at Lumos Networks. “Our fiber assets in the region are now 100G compatible and we have expanded the number of ‘on and off ramps’ on our network to allow for a broader reach of our footprint. Additionally, we have now completed the following key routes from Pittsburgh: 1) to Harrisburg Pa, which opens up the door for significant business opportunities towards the middle of the state; 2) to Ashburn, Va, with its myriad of data center connections.
“The upgrade of our fiber assets in a vibrant NFL city like the Pittsburgh Metropolitan area allows our sales team to pursue a host of new customers for our leading edge strategic data products,” said Joseph E. McCourt, Chief Revenue Office of Lumos Networks. “Market research information estimates that the annual market for Strategic Data products within the Enterprise segment in South Western Pennsylvania is approximately $135 million. We have begun pre-selling many aspects of our upgraded network and some of our existing customers are ‘pulling’ us into the Pittsburgh market. Our existing and prospective customers are requesting diverse routes into the significant number of state of the art data centers in the region. Finally, we have begun an extensive mapping exercise to take advantage of Fiber to the Cell opportunities in the region.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV