THE HAGUE, The Netherlands, October 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Royal Dutch Shell's (NYSE:RDS.A) (NYSE:RDS.B) third quarter 2013 earnings, on a current cost of supplies (CCS) basis (see Note 1), were $4.2 billion compared with $6.2 billion in the same quarter a year ago.
- Third quarter 2013 CCS earnings excluding identified items (see page 5) were $4.5 billion compared with $6.6 billion in the third quarter of 2012.
- Compared with the third quarter 2012, CCS earnings excluding identified items were impacted by significantly weaker industry refining conditions, increased Upstream operating expenses and exploration expenses, as well as production volume impacts from maintenance and asset replacement activities. Earnings also reflected the impact of the challenging operating environment in Nigeria and lower dividends from an LNG venture. This was partly offset by higher contributions from Chemicals and increased underlying Upstream production volumes, led by Integrated Gas.- Basic CCS earnings per share excluding identified items decreased by 32% versus the third quarter 2012. - Cash flow from operating activities for the third quarter 2013 was $10.4 billion, compared with $9.5 billion in the same quarter last year. Excluding working capital movements, cash flow from operating activities for the third quarter 2013 was $9.9 billion, compared with $11.7 billion in the third quarter 2012. - Capital investment for the third quarter 2013 was $9.7 billion. Net capital investment (see Note 1) for the quarter was $9.4 billion. - Total dividends distributed in the quarter were $2.8 billion, of which $1.2 billion were settled under the Scrip Dividend Programme. During the third quarter some 45.5 million shares were bought back for cancellation for a consideration of $1.5 billion. - Gearing at the end of the third quarter 2013 was 11.2%.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts