TORONTO, Oct. 30, 2013 /CNW/ - Today in Toronto, Canada's iconic retailer, Hudson's Bay unveiled the Canadian Olympic and Paralympic Team Collection that will outfit our athletes at the upcoming Sochi 2014 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games. Inspired by the core essence and spirit of Canada, the official Olympic and Paralympic wear is now available at all Hudson's Bay locations across Canada and online at thebay.com.
Hudson's Bay provides Canadians with comfortable and beautiful pieces for every season, every occasion and every moment. With the new Canadian Olympic and Paralympic Team Collection, Hudson's Bay continues its long-standing dedication to dressing Canadians in a way that unites us, spreading Olympic spirit from coast-to-coast-to-coast and bringing everyone together to share in a momentous patriotic experience.
Created by Hudson's Bay's team of forward-thinking and creative designers, the inspiration for the Sochi 2014 Canadian Olympic and Paralympic Team Collection was to capture the spirit of Canada, unifying sport and style, creating a look that is modern and comfortable, and most of all, passionately Canadian. Canadians are proud of our great nation, our vast landscapes, and all the unique differences that are a part of Canadian culture. The Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games are special for Canada - we endure cold, beautiful and sometimes bitter winters but we embrace what winter brings. For 343 years, Hudson's Bay has been helping Canadians dress for winter in smart and stylish ways, and the new Olympic and Paralympic Collection represents this.
"We're so proud to continue to be a part of the Olympic Games and are thrilled to be the Official Outfitter of the Canadian Olympic and Paralympic Teams," says Bonnie Brooks, President, Hudson's Bay Company. "As a Premier National Partner of the Canadian Olympic Committee and Canadian Paralympic Committee, we support our athletes in many ways and we are excited to witness what they will accomplish at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games. We at Hudson's Bay are fiercely proud to be Canadian and are passionate about bringing the Olympic spirit to Canadians through our clothing and we can't wait to cheer on our athletes, knowing that we CAN own the podium.""Today, we celebrate Hudson's Bay's long-standing partnership in Canada's Olympic Movement and recognize that their support is integral to our cause," said Marcel Aubut, President, Canadian Olympic Committee. "We thank Hudson's Bay for once again delivering iconic, beautiful uniforms that honour our athletes' commitment to our nation and our commitment to them. They are not just our athletes' uniforms, they are Canada's uniforms." "This is a landmark day for the Canadian Paralympic Committee, with the launch of the spectacular Sochi team clothing collection as well as the renewal of our partnership agreement with Hudson's Bay for the next eight years," said Gaétan Tardif, President, Canadian Paralympic Committee. "We're also very excited about the opportunity for Canadians to support the Canadian Paralympic Team and build its profile by purchasing a Paralympic Team t-shirt at Hudson's Bay stores in the lead up to the Sochi 2014 Paralympic Winter Games." Tradition, Elegance and Strength The Olympic and Paralympic Collection embodies the quintessential Canadian character. It captures a contemporary and modern fashion feel and highlights the essence of Canada's strong and distinguishing personality, which has permeated the globe. A new and refreshed take on the Canadian Olympic uniform, the Collection exudes elegance and boldness that will take the world by storm on the international stage. Key elements woven throughout the collection include:
- Colour-blocking - A key trend for 2013 and forecast for 2014, the collection is made up of Canada's iconic colours: Maple Leaf Red, Northern White and Winter Night Black. Structured in a way that is athletic, chic and fashionable, the entire Collection represents a classic sport aesthetic.
- The Leaf and Crest - Two strong Canadian symbols. The Maple Leaf is used in unique and prominent ways throughout the Collection, giving new life to the iconic Canadian symbol. The 2014 Team Crest represents sportsmanship, competition, athleticism and national pride, and is a symbol of strength for all athletes.
- Canada's Animals - A nod to the traditional, the Collection focuses on three instantly recognizable Canadian animals: the beaver, the loon and the polar bear. The diversity of the animals represents the diversity of the Canadian identity.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV