DENVER, Oct. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Vista Gold Corp. (TSX & NYSE MKT: VGZ) ("Vista" or the "Company") today announced its unaudited financial results and highlights for the third quarter ended September 30, 2013. Management's quarterly conference call to discuss these results is scheduled for 2:30pm MDT on October 31, 2013. The Company's full financial results, Management's Discussion and Analysis together with other important disclosures can be found in the Company's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q, filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and the Canadian securities regulatory authorities.
- Completed the public consultation process for the Mt. Todd gold project's Environmental Impact Statement ("EIS") and substantially completed responses to comments received, continuing the EIS permitting process that is anticipated to conclude around year-end;
- Implemented significant cost reduction measures;
- Reached an agreement to extend the due date of Vista's Cdn$10 million term loan by one year to March 2015 subject to certain conditions; and
- Closed in October the sale of the Company's Los Cardones gold project in Baja California Sur, Mexico, for $13 million in non-dilutive financing and partially repaid the Company's term loan.
Frederick H. Earnest, President and Chief Executive Officer, commented, "During the third quarter, we continued our strategy of advancing the Mt. Todd gold project toward a 'development-ready' status. We submitted the project's initial EIS in late June and are now finalizing responses to all comments received during the public consultation process. We continue to anticipate EIS approval (including certain Federal governmental approvals) around year-end. Simultaneously, we took steps to improve the Company's near-term liquidity by implementing previously-announced cost reduction measures and selling the Los Cardones gold project for $13 million, $7 million of which was received in October and $6 million of which is due in January 2014 failing which the ownership of the project would revert to Vista and Vista would retain the $7 million payment (as further explained in our October 18, 2013 press release). We continue to evaluate other opportunities to raise capital through the sale of non-core assets."
Summary of Third Quarter 2013 ResultsWe reported a net loss of $3.0 million or $0.04 per share for the three months ended September 30, 2013. This includes operating expenses of $3.5 million, an unrealized $4.5 million mark-to-market gain on our investment in Midas Gold Corp., and a $3.5 million impairment charge on the Colomac mill equipment held for sale. During the three months ended September 30, 2012, we reported net income of $12.3 million or $0.16 per share. Project expenditures at the Mt. Todd gold project totaled $1.9 million during the quarter, down dramatically from previous quarters as we have now completed several cash intensive programs, and our cost reduction measures are beginning to take effect. During October, the Company closed the sale of the Los Cardones gold project in Mexico, which resulted in the receipt of $7 million at closing. The remaining $6 million is due January 31, 2014. We used $3 million of the $7 million to pay down our term loan. Assuming the remaining $6 million is paid to us in January 2014, we would make an additional $3 million payment against the loan. Working capital at September 30, 2013 totaled approximately $12.4 million, including cash of approximately $4.3 million. After giving effect to the extended maturity date and partial repayment of the term loan and the sale of the Los Cardones project, current working capital is approximately $26.1 million, including cash of approximately $8.3 million, and the balance of the term loan is approximately $6.7 million. To review the Company's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the three months ended September 30, 2013 or Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2012, including the related Management's Discussion and Analysis, visit any of the following websites: www.sedar.com, www.sec.gov, or www.vistagold.com. Management Conference Call A conference call with management to review our financial results for the three months ended September 30, 2013 and to discuss corporate and project activities is scheduled for Thursday, October 31, 2013 at 2:30pm MDT. Toll-free in North America: 1-866-443-4188International: 1-416-849-6196 This call will also be web-cast and can be accessed at the following web location: http://www.snwebcastcenter.com/webcast/vistagold/q3-2013/site/ This call will be archived and available at www.vistagold.com after October 31, 2013. Audio replay will be available for 21 days by calling toll-free in North America: 1-866-245-6755, passcode 43762. If you are unable to access the audio or phone-in on the day of the conference call, please email questions to Connie Martinez, Manager – Investor Relations (email: email@example.com), and we will try to address these questions prior to or during the conference call. All dollar amounts in the press release are U.S. dollars unless otherwise indicated.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV