The company says that more financial consumers are looking to protect their money in an investment environment they consider to be "high risk."
"U.S. investors continue to hold a sizable percentage of their assets in low- or no-return cash investments and expect to remain in this holding pattern with no major shift out of cash over the next year," Blackrock's Global Investor Pulse Survey says. "Despite rising concerns about meeting investment goals, most investors are stuck in place with current portfolio allocations."That's good news for banks, which are seeing big inflows of cash in savings vehicle accounts such as certificates of deposit and money market accounts. average one-year CD, and only 0.101% on the average money market account. That makes it harder to save money for big life events, but even so investors are adamant about keeping investment risk at arms-length, Blackrock notes. All told, 48% of all individual investment assets are in cash, with 18% in stocks and 7% in bonds. Half of U.S. investors in the study say the equity markets are just too risky, and roughly the same number say they "don't know" the best ways to build income through their financial investments. That's likely why so many Americans are opting for the "sure thing" in putting so much of their money into bank savings vehicles and their notoriously low investment returns.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV