Allstate (ALL) Falling In After-Hours Activity
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Allstate (ALL) as a post-market laggard candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Allstate as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ALL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $124.4 million.
- ALL is down 2.6% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ALL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ALL NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on ALL: The Allstate Corporation, through its subsidiaries, engages in the provision of personal property and casualty insurance, life insurance, and retirement and investment products primarily in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.9%. ALL has a PE ratio of 11.1. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Allstate a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold.The average volume for Allstate has been 2.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Allstate has a market cap of $24.0 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. The stock has a beta of 1.09 and a short float of 1% with 1.91 days to cover. Shares are up 28.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Allstate as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 9.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.30, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 30.07% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, ALL should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- ALLSTATE CORP has improved earnings per share by 7.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, ALLSTATE CORP increased its bottom line by earning $4.68 versus $1.53 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.24 versus $4.68).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Insurance industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 2.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $423.00 million to $434.00 million.
- You can view the full Allstate Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV