- Reported net product revenue for COMETRIQ® (cabozantinib) of $4.8 million in the third quarter of 2013.
- Reached the enrollment target of 960 patients for COMET-1, the phase 3 pivotal trial of cabozantinib in patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC). The primary endpoint of COMET-1 is overall survival (OS). Top-line data from COMET-1 and a second pivotal trial in mCRPC, COMET-2, with the primary endpoint of pain response in patients with bone pain associated with bone metastases, are expected in 2014.
- Initiated CELESTIAL, a phase 3 pivotal trial comparing cabozantinib to placebo in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) who have previously been treated with sorafenib. The trial is expected to enroll 760 patients at up to 200 sites globally in up to 30 countries. The primary endpoint is OS, and the secondary endpoints include objective response rate (ORR) and progression-free survival (PFS).
- Announced updated results from BRIM7, an ongoing phase 1b clinical trial conducted by Roche and Genentech, Exelixis' collaborator and a member of the Roche Group (SIX: RO, ROG; OTCQX: RHHBY) at the European Cancer Congress 2013. The study is evaluating the BRAF inhibitor (BRAFi) vemurafenib in combination with the MEK inhibitor cobimetinib (GDC-0973/XL518) in patients with locally advanced/unresectable or metastatic melanoma carrying a BRAF V600 mutation. The ORR (comprising complete or partial responses) was 85% in the cohort of BRAFi-naïve patients. As previously announced, Genentech is conducting a phase 3 pivotal trial evaluating vemurafenib alone or in combination with cobimetinib in previously untreated patients with malignant melanoma and the BRAF V600 mutation, for which data are expected in 2014.
Exelixis Announces Third Quarter 2013 Financial Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.