- EPS from continuing operations of $0.93 for the second quarter, flat sequentially and an increase of $0.24 from the second quarter of fiscal 2013.
- Net income was $209 million for the second quarter, an increase of $50 million sequentially and $71 million from the prior year.
- Operating income was $338 million, an increase of $29 million sequentially and $76 million when compared with the prior year. Operating income margin was 10.6% for the quarter, an increase when compared with 9.5% on a sequential basis and 7.4% in the prior year.
- Earnings before interest and taxes (EBIT) was $248 million, an increase of $2 million sequentially and $45 million when compared with the second quarter of fiscal 2013. EBIT margin of 7.8% improved from 7.6% on a sequential basis and 5.8% in the prior year.
- Operating cash flow of $270 million in the quarter compares with $444 million in the prior year. Last year’s result includes a $110 million settlement payment from the UK National Health Service (NHS) and $22 million from divested businesses.
- Free cash flow of $86 million compares with $105 million in the prior period excluding the settlement payment and net contributions from divested businesses.
- Ending cash and cash equivalents were $2.1 billion as of September 27, 2013, an increase of $245 million over the prior year.
CSC Delivers Continued Earnings And Margin Growth
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts