Trade-Ideas: Expedia (EXPE) Is Today's Post-Market Leader Stock
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Expedia (EXPE) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Expedia as such a stock due to the following factors:
- EXPE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $178.4 million.
- EXPE is up 12.1% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EXPE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EXPE NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on EXPE: Expedia, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as an online travel company in the United States and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.1%. EXPE has a PE ratio of 20.7. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Expedia a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold.The average volume for Expedia has been 4.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Expedia has a market cap of $6.4 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. The stock has a beta of -0.19 and a short float of 13.7% with 4.58 days to cover. Shares are down 15.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Expedia as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 17.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 15.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.56, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 0.71 is weak.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Internet & Catalog Retail industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 32.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $105.24 million to $71.50 million.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. When compared to other companies in the Internet & Catalog Retail industry and the overall market, EXPEDIA INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Expedia Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV