DXP Enterprises, Inc. (NASDAQ:DXPE) today announced net income of $16.4 million for the third quarter ended September 30, 2013, with diluted earnings per share of $1.07 compared to net income of $13.1 million and diluted earnings per share of $0.86 for the third quarter of 2012. Sales increased $39.8 million, or 13.7%, to approximately $329.7 million from $289.9 million for the same period in 2012. After excluding sales from acquisitions of $28.9 million, on a same store sales basis, sales for the third quarter of 2013 increased $10.9 million, or 3.8% from 2012 on a same store sales basis.
Net income for the nine months ended September 30, 2013 was $43.3 million, with diluted earnings per share of $2.84 compared to net income of $36.9 million and diluted earnings per share of $2.43 for the first nine months of 2012. Sales for the nine months ended September 30, 2013 increased $123.7 million, or 15.4%, to approximately $927.8 million from $804.1 million for the same period in 2012.
Net income for the third quarter sequentially increased 18.9% from $13.7 million to $16.4 million in the third quarter of 2013. Likewise, sales sequentially increased 7.1% from $307.9 million in the second quarter to $329.7 million in the third quarter.
David R. Little, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer remarked, “Our DXPeople continue to execute well, delivering solid revenue growth and margin improvement. We are pleased to report third quarter sales increases of 7% sequentially and 14% year over year. EBITDA margins continue to move in the right direction having improved 38 basis points since the beginning of the year. Strong execution enabled DXP to achieve solid results again this quarter. We believe our focus on growth, productivity and efficiency, combined with our optimism on the acquisition front, position us well for the balance of 2013 and beyond.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV