Regional Management Corp. (NYSE:RM), a diversified specialty consumer finance company, today announced results for the third quarter and nine-month period ended September 30, 2013.
Third Quarter 2013 Highlights
- Total third quarter 2013 revenue was $44.5 million, a 25.3% increase from the prior-year period.
- GAAP net income for the third quarter of 2013 was $7.6 million, a 9.1% increase from net income of $7.0 million in the prior-year period. Diluted earnings per share were $0.59 based on a diluted share count of 12.9 million. On a pro-forma basis, excluding $0.4 million of pre-tax expenses related to the secondary offering completed in September 2013, net income for the third quarter of 2013 was $7.9 million and diluted earnings per share were $0.61.
- Finance receivables as of September 30, 2013 were $512.1 million, an increase of 29.0% from the prior-year period. Annualized net charge-offs as a percentage of average finance receivables for the third quarter of 2013 was 6.5%, comparable with the prior-year period.
- Same-store revenue growth 1 for the third quarter of 2013 was 16.1%. Same-store finance receivables growth for the third quarter of 2013 was 16.5%.
- Opened one de novo branch in the third quarter of 2013; as of September 30, 2013, Regional Management’s branch network consisted of 264 locations.
- On September 25, 2013, Regional Management announced the closing of a secondary offering of 4,002,000 shares of its common stock, at a price of $27.50 per share, by Palladium Equity Partners III, L.P. and Parallel 2005 Equity Fund, LP, both existing stockholders of Regional Management and affiliates of Palladium Equity Partners and Parallel Investment Partners. Regional Management did not receive any proceeds from the offering, and the total number of shares of its outstanding common stock did not change as a result of the offering.
“Overall, we saw another strong quarter at Regional, led once again by double-digit top-line and same-store sales growth,” said Thomas F. Fortin, Chief Executive Officer of Regional Management Corp. “Bolstered by the considerable success of our back-to-school direct mail campaigns, we grew our loan portfolio by 11.2% on a sequential basis. We also continued to increase our total yield in the third quarter from its low point in April, contributing to an improved efficiency ratio from the prior-year period. While our provision for credit losses was higher than initially anticipated as a result of strong growth in our finance receivables, our annualized net charge-offs as a percentage of average finance receivables continued to remain consistent with prior periods. Our diversified product offering and branch expansion strategy remains intact, and we are optimistic about the opportunities that are present for the future growth of Regional and the creation of long-term shareholder value. Finally, we were pleased that Palladium and Parallel completed a successful secondary offering, which has added to the liquidity of our common shares.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts