The 2014 Medicare Annual Election Period (AEP) has begun, and Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM), one of the nation’s leading health and well-being companies, is well prepared to help people eligible for Medicare select the coverage that is best for them.
Medicare Advantage (MA) and Medicare Prescription Drug Plans (PDP) selected during the AEP will take effect Jan. 1, 2014. As in recent years, Medicare beneficiaries won’t be able to switch plans for 2014 after the enrollment period ends on Dec. 7, 2013 (unless they qualify for a special enrollment period), according to Medicare program rules.
Medicare Advantage Plans
Humana’s MA plans offer people a wide array of benefits and services while helping them get the most from their health care dollars. Plans include coverage for services such as preventive checkups, doctor visits and hospital stays. Humana’s goal is to help people better manage and understand their health, and health coverage.Many of Humana’s MA plans also provide benefits such as:
- Preventive dental care
- Savings on over-the-counter medications
- Urgent Care coverage at a variety of medical clinics and some plans include additional savings when members use Humana-owned Concentra medical clinics.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts