PARIS, Oct. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) has been selected by Sprint for its new ultra-broadband TDD-LTE mobile access network, making use of newly-acquired 2.5GHz spectrum in the U.S.
Sprint's choice of TDD LTE for this network expansion will be the first use of the technology in a national deployment in North America. TDD LTE's capabilities will allow Sprint to deliver immense capacity to its customers in the United States in support of next-generation services and applications, such as gaming and high-definition video streaming.
Sprint's selection of Alcatel-Lucent follows the announcement last month of China Mobile choosing Alcatel-Lucent's TDD LTE solution, demonstrating the technology's growing momentum and Alcatel-Lucent's increasing footprint in LTE overall.
- Sprint is deploying Alcatel-Lucent's LTE solution, which includes its:
- lightRadio Radio Access Network (RAN)
- antennas and cabling
- a complete set of professional services such as radio frequency (RF) design, system integration and optimization, site acquisition and construction.
- 4G LTE is a key element of The Shift Plan, Alcatel-Lucent's industrial strategy to become a specialist vendor of IP Networking and Ultra-Broadband Access.
- Web site: LTE Solution
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV