JACKSON, Mich., Oct. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Mother Nature may have tricks of her own planned Thursday with thunderstorms, high winds and heavy rain forecast across Lower Michigan as children take to the streets for evening Halloween trick-or-treating.
Consumers Energy is reminding parents and others accompanying the costumed youngsters to exercise caution on slippery surfaces created by wet leaves covering yards, sidewalks and driveways as well as possible downed wires and tree limbs resulting from the forecasted rough weather.
"Being extra careful during the expected poor weather and returning home safely is the best 'treat' our children and others out on Halloween night can receive," said Michele Kirkland, the utility's vice president of energy operations.
Other Halloween safety tips include:
- Children's costumes should fit well and adults need to make sure children can see and be seen after dark.
- Children and accompanying adults should carry flashlights.
- Drivers should have their car headlights on and use caution when driving through neighborhoods busy with trick-or-treaters who are often distracted and not checking both ways before crossing a street.
- Children should avoid neighborhoods which appear to be without electricity as downed wires also may be in the vicinity.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV