VISIUS iCT is latest leading edge technology for intraoperative imaging solutions
MINNEAPOLIS, Oct. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - IMRIS Inc. (NASDAQ: IMRS; TSX: IM) ("IMRIS" or the "Company") announced that the company has received the 2013 Innovation in Medical Devices Award from Minnesota Business Magazine in recognition for significantly improving medical technology with the launch of its VISIUS ® iCT. The awards were announced Oct. 29 during a dinner ceremony at the Hyatt Regency Minneapolis.
"As the global leader in intraoperative image-guided solutions, we anticipate that VISIUS iCT will be an invaluable tool for spine and neurosurgery and trauma, just as our VISIUS iMRI is now for cranial and skull-base neurosurgery," said Jay D. Miller, IMRIS President and CEO. "IMRIS is delighted for this recognition after recently joining the Twin Cities business community which is at the heart of world-class medical device innovation." IMRIS relocated its operations to Minnetonka from Winnipeg in early 2013.
VISIUS iCT, the newest IMRIS product approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in July, improves spinal and orthopaedic surgery by bringing state-of-the-art computed tomography (CT) imaging to the patient during procedures by mounting the scanner on ceiling rails that transport the scanner to the patient. Surgical precision and patient outcomes are improved when the surgeon has access to this high-quality imaging during the procedure. Other types of intraoperative X-ray based imaging on the market occupy valuable OR floor space and do not match the image resolution and applications available with VISIUS iCT.Developed for the neurosurgery and spine surgery markets, VISIUS iCT also features advanced software applications that maximize image quality while minimizing radiation exposure in real time and industry leading post-processing software to enhance surgical diagnosis and intervention.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV