Creating a mouth-watering recipe was the goal of 100 Pillsbury Bake-Off ® Contest finalists; supplying a range that can deliver winning results is now in the hands of GE (NYSE:GE). The 46th Pillsbury Bake-Off ® Contest, a national cooking contest in which America's top home cooks prepare their original recipes, will be held November 10-12, 2013, at Aria Resort & Casino in Las Vegas. GE, a national sponsor of the event, will provide a range that features its True European Convection with Precise Air technology for each participant to use during the competition.
“GE is proud to sponsor this great event that celebrates cooking innovation,” says Mike Nerdig, marketing manager for GE's cooking line. “It is exciting to see what happens when you combine Pillsbury's popular ingredients with GE cooking appliances.”
During the Pillsbury Bake-Off ® Contest finals, finalists will whip up their original recipes using no more than seven ingredients on everything this free-standing electric convection range has to offer, including:
- True European Convection with Precise Air: Provides perfectly even baking results thanks to an additional heating element and a fan that reverses direction for optimal air and heat circulation.
- Tri-ring burner with PowerBoil™: The burner's versatility lets the chef determine what size heating element they need—six, nine or 12 inches—to perfect their recipes. Every pot and pan fits just right on this flexible heating element, and PowerBoil trims the time needed to boil water by 20 to 25 percent.
- Warming zone: Without divine intervention, getting every dish in an entire meal ready at the same time is nearly impossible. The warming zone keeps food warm without burning, so timing is impeccable.
Pillsbury Bake-Off ® Contest AwardsThe Pillsbury Bake-Off ® Contest grand prize winner will receive $1 million and $10,000 in GE kitchen appliances. The second prize winner will receive $10,000 and $3,000 in GE kitchen appliances, and third prize is $5,000 and $2,000 in GE kitchen appliances. The contest's GE Imagination at Work Award recognizes the finalist who has the most innovative recipe with $5,000 in GE kitchen appliances. About the Pillsbury Bake-Off ® Contest One of America's oldest and largest amateur cooking competitions, the Pillsbury Bake-Off ® Contest originated in 1949, with the first competition at the Waldorf Astoria in New York City. At the 45th Pillsbury Bake-Off ® Contest, held March 2012 in Orlando, Fla., Christina Verrelli of Devon, Pa., won the $1 million Grand Prize for her Pumpkin Ravioli with Salted Caramel Whipped Cream recipe. For contest information and winning recipes, visit www.bakeoff.com. GE Appliances GE Appliances is at the forefront of building innovative, energy-efficient appliances that improve people’s lives. GE Appliances’ products include refrigerators, freezers, cooking products, dishwashers, washers, dryers, air conditioners, water filtration systems and water heaters. General Electric (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter to build a world that works better. For more information on GE Appliances, visit www.ge.com/appliances.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV