LPL Financial Holdings (LPLA) Hits New Lifetime High
- LPLA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $25.9 million.
- LPLA has traded 259,829 shares today.
- LPLA is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LPLA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LPLA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on LPLA: LPL Financial Holdings Inc. provides an integrated platform of brokerage and investment advisory services to independent financial advisors and financial advisors at financial institutions in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2%. LPLA has a PE ratio of 24.1. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate LPL Financial Holdings a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for LPL Financial Holdings has been 608,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. LPL Financial has a market cap of $4.0 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.32 and a short float of 2.4% with 2.21 days to cover. Shares are up 34.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates LPL Financial Holdings as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 8.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.2%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Capital Markets industry and the overall market, LPL FINANCIAL HOLDINGS INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- LPL FINANCIAL HOLDINGS INC has improved earnings per share by 20.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, LPL FINANCIAL HOLDINGS INC reported lower earnings of $1.37 versus $1.50 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.32 versus $1.37).
- The gross profit margin for LPL FINANCIAL HOLDINGS INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 12.30%. Regardless of LPLA's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, LPLA's net profit margin of 4.42% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$11.63 million or 113.81% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full LPL Financial Holdings Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.