DineEquity (DIN) Reaches New Lifetime High Today
- DIN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $11.2 million.
- DIN has traded 86,729 shares today.
- DIN is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DIN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DIN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DIN: DineEquity, Inc., through its subsidiaries, develops, franchises, and operates full-service restaurant chains in the United States and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.3%. DIN has a PE ratio of 11.7. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate DineEquity a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for DineEquity has been 107,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. DineEquity has a market cap of $1.3 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. The stock has a beta of 1.01 and a short float of 4.3% with 3.56 days to cover. Shares are up 3% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates DineEquity as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins, solid stock price performance and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The gross profit margin for DINEEQUITY INC is rather high; currently it is at 61.19%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 10.71% trails the industry average.
- DIN's share price has surged by 29.00% over the past year, reflecting the market's general trend, despite their weak earnings growth during the last quarter. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, DIN should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- DINEEQUITY INC' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, DINEEQUITY INC increased its bottom line by earning $6.63 versus $3.87 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 39.7% in earnings ($4.00 versus $6.63).
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 0.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 31.1%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full DineEquity Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV