NEW YORK, Oct. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Coty Inc. (NYSE: COTY) and Prada Group (HKSE: Prada, 1913) announced today the formation of an exclusive partnership to create, develop and distribute a signature line of fragrances under the Miu Miu name. Following its successful results as a luxury fashion brand, the partnership marks Miu Miu's first entree into the world of prestige fragrances.
Created in 1993, Miu Miu – the other vision of Miuccia Prada on fashion – is a brand with a strong personality, provocative and sensual as well as free-spirited and avant-garde. During the years, Miu Miu has evolved into one of the leading high-fashion brands in the world, targeting sophisticated women, receptive to new trends and ideas and inspired to explore and experiment in their fashion choices.
Coty has a proven reputation for faithfully translating the core values of highly selective and sophisticated designer brands into successful fragrance businesses while maintaining great respect for the brands' DNA and the utmost attention to quality.
"The agreement with Coty, an internationally recognized reference in the luxury fragrance market, marks a major step forward in Miu Miu's development plan," said Patrizio Bertelli, CEO, Prada Group. "I am therefore sure that, leveraging on Coty's know-how and Miu Miu's strong identity, this partnership will be a worldwide success of mutual satisfaction to both companies.""Miu Miu is one of the most refined and respected luxury houses in the world and one of the fastest growing global brands in the whole fashion industry," said Michele Scannavini, CEO, Coty Inc. "It is an exciting opportunity for Coty to build a worldwide fragrance business for Miu Miu and also to further build our own market share in the prestige fragrance market." The Miu Miu fragrance line is expected to debut in 2015.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV