ObamaCare Flimflam Exploited Voters
That is why many folks in rural areas are now finding the number of insurance provider options quite limited. For example, folks in rural Colorado will likely pay much more for basic coverage than in Denver, according to the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. (See article in the Denver Post.)
In the big cities, lots of Americans are getting cancellation notices for their health plans, because those don't meet foolish Affordable Care Act mandates, such as requiring 50-year-old women to purchase maternity coverage, or those policies were written after March 2010.
Obama promised the ACA would save families $2,500 a year. That was flimflam bait.
Conservative pundits warned throughout the ACA debate many Americans would lose their health plans, adding 50 million to rolls would push up prices, and this journey into socialism would be much more expensive than what was advertised.Some things never change. There is no such thing as a free lunch, but voters wanted to believe differently. And the president exploited that. His only refuge -- or that of the Democratic candidate for president in 2016 -- will be to top his whopper promises on health care. Perhaps Hilary Clinton can offer Americans immortality. But in this progressive paradise, that would be too much like purgatory. Follow @pmorici1 This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV