Minister Raitt Discusses Safe And Efficient Marine Transportation At The 2013 World Maritime Day Observance Conference In New York
OTTAWA, Oct. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - Today, the Honourable Lisa Raitt, Minister of Transport spoke to participants at the 2013 World Maritime Day Observance Conference in New York about Canada's commitment to safe, secure and sustainable marine practices. The event was hosted by the North American Marine Environment Protection Association (NAMEPA) and the United States Coast Guard.
" Canada has had a strong working relationship with the NAMEPA since 2008 and we are delighted to join you in observing World Maritime Day," said Minister Raitt. "Moreover, we were pleased to be named recipient of NAMEPA's 2013 Government Agency Marine Environment Protection Award."
This award is given in recognition of an individual or organization's efforts on behalf of preserving the marine environment as exemplified by a commitment to a program which has specific objectives set for environmental performance and improvement, and which is innovative and goes beyond minimum environmental compliance.
NAMEPA is an independent, marine industry-led association which engages maritime businesses, government and the public to "Save our Seas" by promoting sound environmental practices. NAMEPA operates as a non-governmental organization committed to preserving the marine environment through educating seafarers, port communities and students about the need and strategies for protecting this important global resource.SOURCE Transport Canada
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV