GAITHERSBURG, Md., Oct. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) today announced that FireEye (NASDAQ: FEYE), Red Hat (NYSE: RHT) and Splunk Inc. (NASDAQ: SPLK) have joined its Cyber Security Alliance and have agreed to collaborate on solutions that can enhance an intelligence driven defense approach to solve customers' hardest problems.
The Lockheed Martin Cyber Security Alliance combines the strengths of market leading companies' solutions and integrates their best practices, hardware, software, and tools within a research, development and collaboration center called the NexGen Cyber Innovation and Technology Center. These new entrants join other alliance partners which include: APC by Schneider Electric, ArcSight, CA, Cisco, Citrix, Dell, EMC Corporation and its RSA security division, HP, Intel, Juniper Networks, McAfee, Microsoft, NetApp, RSA, Symantec, Trustwave, Verizon and VMware.
"The addition of three market-leading companies in the cyber security and data analytics marketplace will help us meet the challenges of today's constantly evolving cyber threats using an intelligence-driven approach," said Charlie Croom, vice president, Cyber Security Solutions at Lockheed Martin Information Systems & Global Solutions.Partner solutions will converge within the world-class Lockheed Martin NexGen Cyber Innovation and Technology Center, which fosters an agile environment where technologists and customers can rapidly collaborate to provide innovative new capabilities that build upon the foundation of point solutions to deliver seamless and secure end-to-end integration. Each of the three new partners brings unique strengths and capabilities:
- FireEye has invented a purpose-built, virtual machine-based security platform that provides real-time threat protection to enterprises and governments worldwide against the next generation of cyber attacks.
- Red Hat is a leading provider of open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to reliable and high-performing cloud, Linux, middleware, storage and virtualization technologies.
- Splunk Inc. provides a big data indexing engine for machine data™. Splunk ® software is used as a security intelligence platform by thousands of organizations that collect, monitor, alert, analyze and visualize machine-generated data coming from websites, applications, servers, networks, industrial control sensors and mobile devices, supporting intrusion detection, forensic investigation and incident response.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV