VAN BUREN TOWNSHIP, Mich., Oct. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Visteon Corporation (NYSE: VC) has launched its first tablet information display on Mazda's new global platform for the Mazda 3 and Mazda Axela – bringing the style and appeal of consumer electronics (CE) displays into the vehicle. This industry-first automotive tablet display from Visteon Electronics incorporates a flat, touch-capable, protective surface that provides the durability necessary for the demanding automobile environment.
Results from a Visteon consumer research clinic that compared CE products and automotive electronics indicated that drivers prefer the sleek styling, thin design and touch capability offered on personal devices, rating their quality very high.
"The tablet information display is an excellent example of Visteon Electronics' strategy to be at the forefront of bringing consumer electronic technologies into the vehicle," said Steve Meszaros, president, Visteon Electronics. "Employing our automotive integration expertise, we successfully delivered the consumer's expectation for a seamless, intuitive and familiar user experience while driving a vehicle."Visteon Electronics engineering teams overcame several design challenges to deliver this unique innovation on the all-new 2014 Mazda 3 and Axela, available at dealerships this fall:
- The tablet information display design replicates a CE tablet by incorporating a thin, flat surface without a bezel and is robust enough for the automotive environment, meeting safety/head impact standards.
- The information display includes a capacitive sensing touch screen that can be operated even while wearing gloves.
- The thin-film transistor (TFT) screen maintains a high resolution even though its position on the instrument panel subjects it to direct sunshine.
- The unit provides low reflectance and high transmission to reduce backlight power consumption and prevent overheating.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts