Knight Transportation, Inc. (NYSE: KNX) is honored to have been awarded the SmartWay Excellence Award by the US Environmental Protection Agency for 2013.
The US EPA’s SmartWay Transport program seeks to partner with companies in the supply chain industry in an effort to improve fuel efficiency, reduce air pollution and greenhouse gases for both the benefit of the general population and the environment. Each year, the SmartWay Excellence Award is given to only the top 1% of carrier members for environmental performance.
As a member of the SmartWay Transport Partnership since its inception in 2004, Knight Transportation has demonstrated a commitment to protecting the environment and exceeding industry standards. Knight’s fleet is comprised of US EPA 2007 and US EPA 2010 compliant engines which drastically reduce particulate matter, CO 2, and NOx emissions. Our approximately 4,000 trucks and 10,000 dry van and refrigerated trailers are also equipped with aerodynamic devices.
Knight works hard to protect the environment and has been recipient of the SmartWay Excellence Award in 2007, 2009 and 2012. In 2012, we were chosen as one of the top 75 Green Supply Chain Partners by Inbound Logistics. Knight was also awarded the 6 th Annual San Pedro Bay Ports Clean Air Action Plan (CAAP) Air Quality Award in 2013.For more information on SmartWay: http://www.epa.gov/smartway/ Knight Transportation, Inc. is a provider of multiple truckload transportation services using a nationwide network of service centers in the U.S. to serve customers throughout North America. In addition to operating one of the country’s largest tractor fleets, Knight also partners with third-party equipment providers to provide a broad range of truckload services to its customers while creating quality driving jobs for our driving associates and successful business opportunities for owner-operators.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV