Today, GE (NYSE:GE) announced its 3.2-103 brilliant wind turbine, producing a 5 percent increase in energy output compared to GE’s current model. Building on the strong performance of GE’s 2.5-megawatt fleet, the 3.2-103 generates more power for medium-to-high wind speed sites. With hub height flexibility of 70 to 98 meters, the 3.2-103 helps wind farm developers generate higher annual energy production in tip-height constrained sites.
“Our 3.2-103 is the next evolution in our European product platform,” said Cliff Harris, general manager of Europe for GE’s renewable energy business. “Engineered specifically for U.K. and Ireland permit constraints, the 103-meter rotor diameter and hub-height flexibility make it an excellent fit for tip-height constrained sites. Additionally, this advanced technology drives higher wind farm output especially in windy and low shear areas typically present in Turkey, and the integrated energy storage makes it a valuable solution to help improve the grid integration challenges.”
As a brilliant turbine, the 3.2-103 utilizes the power of the Industrial Internet to help manage the variability of wind for smooth, predictable power. By analyzing tens of thousands of data points every second, the 3.2-103 integrates energy storage and advanced forecasting algorithms while communicating seamlessly with neighboring turbines, service technicians and operators.
Three GE created battery-enabled software applications integrate with the wind turbine to provide enhanced wind power availability. Wind developers and operators can select the application or combination of applications that best suits individual site needs.
- Ramp Control: enabling the grid to efficiently absorb wind power.
- Predictable Power: short-term wind power made predictable over periods of 15 to 60 minutes.
- Frequency Regulation: energy storage to respond to supply and demand changes with precision.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV