- Balance is equally important to both men and women: Finding the right balance between work and family life is the number one career concern for both genders – with slightly more men identifying it as a major concern (50% of men vs. 48% of women).
- When it comes to defining success, men place more emphasis on marriage and children: 79% of men equate “having it all” with being in a “strong, loving marriage” vs. only 66% of women who feel the same. And when it comes to kids, 86% of men factor children into their definition of success vs. 73% of women.
- Women are more likely to say that marriage is not a necessary part of the equation: 25% of women think that being in a “strong, loving relationship” is all they need to have it all; marriage is not necessary. Only 14% of men agree.
- The number of women who say their definition of success is not linked to marriage or relationships has increased since 2012: The number of women who do not factor marriage or relationships into their definition of success has nearly doubled (from 5% to 9%) since the survey was first conducted in July 2012.
- Women are more likely to identify several company benefits and perks as key drivers to career satisfaction: Both genders ranked good healthcare benefits as their #1 most important company perk – but women valued several benefits more highly than men:
- Professional development resources and training (87% vs. 78%)
- Flex schedules/ability to work from home (90% vs. 72%)
- Health/fitness related perks (i.e. gym membership) (55% vs. 45%)
- Good maternity leave/paternity leave policy (56% vs. 36%)
Today, Citi Released Its Third Wave Of Research On Professional Women With LinkedIn. Pictured Above Is A Roadmap For Success, Based On Survey Results.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.