Trade-Ideas: Buffalo Wild Wings (BWLD) Is Today's Pre-Market Mover With Heavy Volume Stock
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Buffalo Wild Wings (BWLD) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Buffalo Wild Wings as such a stock due to the following factors:
- BWLD has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $53.0 million.
- BWLD traded 40,490 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:48 AM, representing 10.6% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BWLD with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BWLD NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on BWLD: Buffalo Wild Wings, Inc. engages in the ownership, operation, and franchise of restaurants primarily in the United States. It offers chicken and various food and beverage items, as well as serves bottled beers, wines, and liquor. BWLD has a PE ratio of 33.8. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Buffalo Wild Wings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold.The average volume for Buffalo Wild Wings has been 319,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Buffalo Wild Wings has a market cap of $2.0 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. The stock has a beta of 0.81 and a short float of 8.9% with 4.29 days to cover. Shares are up 48.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Buffalo Wild Wings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 0.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 27.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- BUFFALO WILD WINGS INC has improved earnings per share by 41.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, BUFFALO WILD WINGS INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.06 versus $2.73 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.63 versus $3.06).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry. The net income increased by 41.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $11.66 million to $16.49 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 99.81% to $48.95 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, BUFFALO WILD WINGS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -78.67%.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 41.93% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 62.12% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- You can view the full Buffalo Wild Wings Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV