NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Today's buy-and-trade earnings previews focus on energy giants and Dow components Exxon Mobil (XOM) reporting premarket Thursday and Chevron (CVX) reporting premarket Friday, and MasterCard (MA) reporting premarket Thursday.
Today, we look at seven companies in six sectors; two from the oils-energy sector and one each in these sectors; basic materials, business services, construction, consumer discretionary and medical.
The ValuEngine valuation warning remains in place with 78.1% of all stocks being overvalued, 48.3% by 20% or more, and 15 of 16 sectors are overvalued by double-digit percentages, 11 by 21.4% to 27.4%.
The basic materials sector is 2.6% undervalued with an underweight rating. Of the 399 stocks in this sector 58.9% have sell or strong sell ratings.
Reading the TableOV/UN Valued: Stocks with a red number are undervalued by this percentage. Those with a black number are overvalued by that percentage according to ValuEngine.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV