Atlantic Broadband, the nation's 13 th largest cable operator, along with its partner TiVo, Inc. (NASDAQ: TIVO), the leading provider of advanced television solutions, today announced it is the country’s first cable service provider to offer TiVo’s newest digital entertainment service. Atlantic Broadband customers now have a fully integrated and supported TiVo service, receiving live, recorded and on-demand television and web content on any screen, wherever they are.
“Consumers today are inundated with digital entertainment choices on many different screens and they remain confused and frustrated about where, what and how to best enjoy all their options. For our customers, the new TiVo service from Atlantic Broadband will fundamentally transform and simplify their TV viewing experience and permanently solve the ‘nothing on TV’ challenge,” said David Isenberg, Atlantic Broadband's Chief Marketing and Strategy Officer. “Today’s announcement underscores our commitment to continuous innovation by delivering exactly what customers want, where and when they want it, all at a great value. The new TiVo service from Atlantic Broadband is a real game-changer for cable, and we’re excited to be the first to offer our customers the ultimate television experience.”
Only the TiVo Service from Atlantic Broadband offers the complete combination of features and capabilities to include:
- “No Compromises” Viewing – TiVo’s new T6 platform can record up to six shows at once, store up to 1,000 shows and can deliver full DVR service (such as pause and rewind) on every TV in the home.
- Instant Recommendations – The new “What to Watch Now” menu provides shortcuts to popular TV shows, movies, and live sporting events currently playing. TiVo even proactively records suggested programs so there’s always something interesting ready to be watched.
- Unlimited Mobility – Live TV can be easily streamed to tablets and smart phones anywhere at home; customers can also download their favorite shows and view them wherever they want.
- Powerful Search – Create a WishList® search and TiVo will constantly scour millions of choices and automatically record when it matches the actor, subject or favorite team users are looking for.
- The Internet on TV – Millions of web videos and popular web apps including Pandora, YouTube, Picasa, AOL ON and more bring the best of the web directly to the TV.
- Hassle-Free Setup – With one call and no equipment to buy, Atlantic Broadband’s responsive local technicians will come to a customer’s home, install the service and answer any questions so users can spend more time enjoying great TV.
- Bundled Savings – The new TiVo service is built into every one of Atlantic Broadband’s feature-rich bundles combining great TV, Internet and Phone services at big savings over retail rates.
“As the nation’s first cable operator to offer the new TiVo service, Atlantic Broadband continues to put its customers first,” said Tom Elam, Vice President and General Manager Service Provider Business for TiVo. “The combination of TiVo’s best-in-class platform backed by Atlantic Broadband’s great local service, lightning fast Internet and bundled offerings will be very attractive to customers who want the ultimate TV experience at an unbeatable value.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts